View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #16
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Is there anyway to help an sr run cooler with ac on. at a stop it runs around 185ish but starts to warm up during freeway speeds at 90 degrees plus outside. I can click off the ac and the temp will dip back under 185 fairly quickly, running a nismo thermostat, dual fal , fans, 50/50 coolant and a blitz zs radiator. I can honestly sit and idle with the ac on with no issues of it heating up.
use more water = use as little antifreeze as possible for where you live
try a de-foaming agent "Water additive"
try different fans and shrouds
improve duct work
use a coolant bleeding system
clean the aluminum radiator and constantly wet it to help heat dissipation

also, whats "high temp"? undefined so far

Temp Range
200*F would be normal and actually kind of low at highway speeds with A/C on if the vehicle has a large FMIC and typical layers of rad condenser. 212*F would be acceptable using standard radiator cap which I think goes somewhere around 250*F, each psi is worth 2-3*F. 213*F+ I would start to throw some changes mentioned above to keep it away from 220*F at all costs and that is just because the engines I use are kind of old and I like to treat them that way. Some newer motors will go 240*F and higher but I doubt sr20 or gen3/4 LS would enjoy that very much. It seems abnormal. And thats sort of what I am pointing out that often times we go by 'feel' instead of accurate numbers. Which is fine because sometimes the way something feels is useful and can be related to numerical data in meaningful ways. In this and similar examples with 'older' engines there are exceptions for usual circumstances, they and their owners develop an 'offset' approach that goes beyond what the service manual says, hard won knowledge after costly trial and error or just preventative maintenance
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote