View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #3
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Looks good man, is this just for cooling? What’s the need for the cooler? Just asking
My factory hard-line that they call the oem "power steering cooler" got a couple of tiny leaks in it. And that part is so dumb man, it's like just a regular hard line with a loop in it, and it costs a few hundred bucks. Also, I guess technically it's prone to leakage over time, and it's in an annoying spot.

With the OEM setup, if I do a drift event or some sorta gymkhana type of thing with a lot of fast lock-to-lock turning, especially in the summer, I boil over my power steering fluid. Not a ton, but enough that I gotta wipe it down after a hard session. So, I guess technically, this cooler add-on should prevent that.

The alternative was to get the Chase Bays kit without any cooling (so basically, it's the kit with shorter lines, I think). But then technically, that would be even less cooling than stock, I think. I think it deletes the oem cooling hardline.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote