View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
KA S13 KA24DE Wiring Question (Coil and Resistor)

I don't have one infront of me, and probably won't for a while, so I am hoping someone can chime in with some personal experience on this.

In short; what happens to your ignition system if you disconnect wire/pin 3 @ the ecu. It is for the "resistor/condensor" which is that little orange/brown box taped next to your ignitor/coil wiring, on the USDM drivers side strut tower.

Basically I need to know if that resistor/condensor has to be switched over by the ecu for the coil and ignitor to function, or if it runs fine.

Also, if you are prone to it, if you could pickup what signal, if any the ecu puts out (either ground or 12v, I know its not a pwm), that would be good too, if that cannot be bypassed.

Thanks in advance,

John