View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #24
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceInHole View Post
Dennis Grant claims to have done something similar.

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html
I'm a fan of what Dennis wrote. It's a good guide based on actual experience and what seems like mostly unbiased reports. I mean if you really want good track coilovers, look at what real race teams and privateers are running. There aren't many using JDM coilovers and if there are, there's a good chance they're either revalved and tested. Or there's a good chance, they could be faster if they were using better shocks.

But I also agree with Squidd, who is giving these reviews. No offense meant, but I don't trust the detailed suspension reviews of many people on this site. It's not that I don't think the people know what they're feeling, it's that I think they don't have a good benchmark to compare their current setup to. Not many people have actually driven and raced on a well setup damper system. That's not saying that people don't know how it should feel, but some people aren't experienced enough to give a good review. Saying coilovers are harsh could mean many different things and may be misconstrued as something else. Which is what I've seen on paper when comparing the MAX plots to people's feedback.
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote