Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #29
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Exactly. So you agree it is more based on make to make discrepancies vs. tuning method to tuning method in a way.

I do understand what you are saying in your example as well. We used knock box on a couple of vw's that were knocking like pigs however we could still see torque going up. Didnt mean the motor needed more timing (obviously).

This would be a great selling point however to get the customer on 1. meth and water injector 2. or E85. I think this is why this has popped up as a popular route because you can then limit the specific make and models tendancy to see knock prior to MBT and get more out of the motor while decreasing the knock with an octane simulator