View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #30
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
How long are you staying at WOT? You are going to build up some gases at WOT from blow by. But you are going to suck them right up once you let off.

I do not understand why you guys are trying to re-invent the wheel. Quality Rings and modern piston clearance. I don't see how you are going to have major blow by.

Only gain I can see is an extended oil change intervals. Yes you can increase power by installing a PCV system. But, the motor already has one.

Splitting hairs IMHO.
You're missing the point of my post. The PCV valve is designed to generate a small vacuum on the crankcase under low load conditions. You build boost and the turbo inlet pressure drops and the PCV valve doesn't flow either way, and the hose coming off the valve cover starts really flowing to pull a vacuum on the crankcase, which is where the majority of your blow by will happen due to simple physics.

I personally don't have my stock PCV valve hooked up to anything due to the crap that gets in the intake manifold even with a small catch can and haven't noticed any negative effects. I do have a catch can between the valve cover and intake tube with -8 AN lines which is enough flow given the diameter of a 3/8" NPT fitting that threads into the valve cover is the same ID.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote