View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 03:22 PM   #256
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
That's fuckin awesome! Nice driving! Do you have any thoughts on the pros/cons of the 2JZ over the SR20? I may have missed it, but can you share a little more about the 2JZ setup, turbo, any cams or anything, and how do you like the AEM Infinity, how did tuning go?

Can't wait to see more of this beast in action!
Hi Nick,

My car with SR had 53/47 weight distribution and 2jz is 54/46. Too many variables have been changed to compare sr vs 2jz fairly.
I've also went from 2650lb semi track car(street class) to 2500lb full race car(limited class) stripping pretty much the entire car. But to summarize it, 2jz does not change the characteristic of the car as much as you would think. I've had LS, VQ, SR, KA in various s chassis and finally 2jz and I want to say it doesn't feel much different lol, well obviously besides the torque band and power delivery. To this day, if I have to choose a favorite engine in a s-chassis, It would have to be the SR. 1. it's light, 2. it's high revving, 3. it's cheap to build (up until you get to around 350hp), anything after this, I feel it gets as expensive as other engine choices. My decision of going 2jz was simple: ease of modding, reliability, and cost.