View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #24
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the quick response Toby! I'll probably end up purchasing the whole kit from you.

Now all I have to do is save up some money for it...you'll hear from me again soon!
Sweet, just let me know when you are ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
so, today I finally got my damn viper installed on my Nissan s13. so a few things.

--there is no diagram according to the tech so they had to wing the install testing the wires and what not(6 damn hours)

--the locks(I have stock power locks), don't always work I have to press the button multiple times for the damn thing to lock

--works without a problem with my turbo timer, although I did unplug it when they were doing my install

--I went to a local best buy and they are viper authorized dealers
cost me $130.00 including 10 relay for the locks.

--I pre mounted the pizo siren and a hood prop button before taking it in.

--they had to use the supplied button and drill a hole for a trunk prop

--in terms of the automatic start, here's what happened. now my car was originally an auto and I swapped it for a manual. so they had that weird sequence for a manual auto start. so they then went back and did it like it was for a auto and violia. I have a simple push start.

I always leave my gear in neutral so this is ideal for me.

--overall install was satisfactory. I will go back and move the control module a little better under the bottom dash.
Yeah, this is why you typically do not want to have a Best Buy type store do installs. I'm by no means saying they are all bad. I know of good installers that have worked at a Best Buy or Circuit City. However, those places are typically where installers start out. So usually it will be a younger guy that doesn't have a ton of experience doing the work. Whereas a shop like mine I do not hire anyone that doesn't have at least 5-years of experience in the field. And then they have to follow my strict installation techniques and protocol. As for the price, that is very fair! I would of charged more and my labor rate is low compared to pretty much everywhere else in the country. I also charge more if the customer brings in their own equipment.

I'm surprised they let it go set for auto trans mode. If anything ever happens where the car remote starts in gear and hits someone, they are going to get sued big time!... unless of course you signed a waiver. Then you will be the one getting sued. Just be careful man, I've seen it happen numerous times... even to me. This was about 15 years ago when I had a sick 1997 Supercharged V8 Dodge Dakota with a 5-speed. Back then remote starters were not capable of doing manual transmissions. So naturally I did the whole leave it in neutral with the e-brake on. Well one day while I was at work, a friend came by and asked if he could cruise around town for a while in my truck. So he took it for a couple hours then brought it back and dropped the keys on my toolbox while I was working. End of the day comes around and I remote start my vehicle like I do every day. A few seconds later my salesman comes running back into the shop telling me my truck just drove across the parking lot and smashed into the side of a customers new Grand Jeep Cherokee that was parked at the front door. Luckily no one was around or getting out of the vehicle. When my friend dropped it off he even engaged the e-brake and it still fired up and drove when it was remote started. So I later tested it in a empty lot and sure enough, I could have the e-brake on and it would remote start and take off in 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gear. Sure, it would buck at first, but then it would just go until it hits something.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote