View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #76
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I guess let me be more specific...

like the other thread about genuine S13 Silvia fenders, I'm ordering to see if it can be fulfilled. If it can, I'm stocking a few to resell.

There's really not a secret to this. If someone wants genuine parts, either 1) it's available via the proper channels in North America (or discontinued via that same channel), or 2) it's available in another territory overseas (or discontinued via that same channel). Parts inquiry are fairly straightforward, if it's not listed as EOL you can definitely order it, fulfillment is entirely another story.

Other regions may have parts makers producing them locally and sold as "genuine OEM Nissan", so for all intents and purposes it's identical to what you want (except it may be made in India or Malaysia or Chile or France)... but like I said, 6+ months wait.
That's interesting.

I've worked the shop side of dealers for 12 years, and had plenty of times where the parts department said it was discontinued and no longer available to order since there was none in the U.S. When they tried to order, the next days report would show the part order cancelled (happened plenty of times with ordering MR2 parts).

If the part showed 'National Backorder' status then they could order it but like you said, it could be six+ months. I never had an overseas option. I wonder if that's a specific dealer thing? I've never had a dealer be able to order overseas.

At this point, I've owned this car 12 years so getting the new proper parts to keep it going and able to restore the thing a bit would be so nice. What's another 6+months after owning it this long?
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote