View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 04:51 AM   #8
Wknd

Trader Rating: (0)
Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
Have not done much lately, except gather some parts.

First of all, as mentioned before the HICAS ball joints have awful play them and a simple lock out bar has been installed before me. So during Black Friday I got a Driftworks HICAS kit, to eliminate the ball joints and just to have some bright colour underneath the car.

After that, I got the replacement exhaust camshaft. I have not actually unpacked it yet, sits in the corner of my apartment currently. I thought of going with Tomei Poncams, but quickly realised it will shift the power curve towards higher RPM so not really ideal for what I use the car for.

Also a picture of the seat I'll be installing, hopefully getting a red one in the near future.

And the reason why there is not much progress of the car is that we're dealing with some serious winter right now, as of late the average temperature has been around -10 celsius and I do not have a heated garage where I store the car.

Before I get the car trailered to where I live and take it to a shop to get it fixed (camshaft replacement and a tune), I'll probably find a new steering wheel and hopefully seat mounts. Won't buy brake pads/discs and some suspension parts before I'm 100% sure the engine will be running all fine after the new camshaft and with the timing set. Also January 18th marked 1 year since I bought the car, which has been an amazing year.
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote