View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
youll be lucky if you can get a stoich idle with 96lb msds with a nissan ecu on a 2.0

Btw, the reason I got into tuning was from blowing an sr running a jwt ecu using the maf, turbo, and injectors it was tuned for running at the boost level they said it was tuned for. Cracked ringlands on one piston and a bent rod on another. When I called them about it they told me that it couldnt have been the tune and that my engine probably just blew for other reasons.

Looking back at their tune at a later date after I knew what I was doing with tuning it was obvious that it was the tune. I couldnt believe how much timing they had, after about 15psi timing was no longer being pulled and there was no resolution after 6400 rpms.

If your doing it so you have a way to move the car, drive the car, and give it a shakedown as far as reliability goes then its something for you to consider maybe. If your wanting to do this so you can have some fun sooner, I would advise against it. You would be taking a un needed risk and I would suggest you wait to do it right from the start.

Now I know someone is going to come in here and say, "but Codyace loves his jwt tune and his car is reliable!"
I am truly thrilled for him and glad it works for him. Honestly, it is great and it could work for you too, but if these canned tuned ecus were so good, the same name (codyace) wouldnt have to be brought up each time someone speaks of their blown engine due to the bad canned tune.
I have a bucket of jwt and enthaply boards you can try out lol
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote