View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 07:37 PM   #104
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Been making some more progress on the 240. While it was in the air I decided to refresh the front end. Come to find out after 40,000 miles most of the hiems up front were ready to tag out with a little bit of slop. Ordered a new mono ball for my LCAs and m14 2x14 rod ends for my tierods. Trouble came when I went to dismantle the front as my modded Ebays LCAs didn't wana come apart. For those unaware you can take Ebay LCAs, use quality joints, 3/4 bolts and machine work to make a killer LCA setup.
Anyways the the 3/4 bolt did not want to leave its home after 5 years. I managed to separate the knuckle but the bolt, shims and control arms were locked together to the point i couldn't press them apart. Too save my self alot of work i orded a set of GKtech front LCAs, new s13 BJs and grabbed a spare set of knuckles. The replacemnt knlucles have the steering arms welded a bit shorter so potentailly quicker steering and more angle, I'm curious how this will feel.

If you've never heard of this mod it looks kinda like this, and that 3/4 bolt is seized to the whole stack

Didn't take any pictues of this but i stabilized my e-brake bracket setup as the brackets used to bend but welding a cross piece between the 2 90s. Then adding a pair of legs to bolt holes that were used by the auto seat belts. Now the ebrakes lock up with out first flexing the brackets.

While I've waiting on the a lengthened drive shaft as the 350z diff is a good bit shorter then s13 VLSD. I got the rear eyeball aligned, made a 1/2" spacers for the sway bar to clear the diff flange, and lubed the polys bushes that are left in my suspension (just 3 in each knuckle) with some dielectric. re-lubing the bushes was easily done with just a Clamp, 27mm shallow, 1/4 drive socket and a hammer. As you can see after nearly 7 years and 65k miles these suckers were pretty dry. Btw dielectric grease is exactly what ES provides as lube and that little tube could of done 10 or 16 bushes.

foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote