View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
MikeFullBoost

Trader Rating: (0)
MikeFullBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
For a noob, you are surprisingly well informed.
We don't have a dedicated section, we just like to yell "SEARCH" at everyone.
Price ranges wildly when it comes to s-chassis, I don't think there could be any sort of standard other than to say look through our "cars for sale" section and see what comparable cars are going for. A lot of times you can score deals when someone is desparate to get $$$ back out of a project.
Thank you sir

I was doing just that, searching the classifieds for 91 year cars with mods close too this one. But as you said, it really really varies which is making it tough. There was a black s13 with a red top, bobo wheels, but very clean with Silvia front clip for 5k in the middle of the country. To me is seemed like a very good deal but like I said I am newb to these . To my knowledge the blacktop is a newer motor with a slightly different turbo and a bit more power if I read correctly. Also a bit more expensive.

This guy is definitely in no means desperate to sell car, he actually responded to my wanted ad looking for a car. He doesn't need to sell it, he already mentioned that he can just keep it as a shop car but if he doesn't part with it it'll be invested into the LS car he is building.

Its going to be hard for me to find a car because I am very specific as to what I want. I really only want an s13 coupe with SR20 and MUST have Silvia nose or 95 s14 with a kouki nose. Since I am in NYS we have the obd II state inspection testing for 96 and newer and I want to avoid that hassle.

I also don't want anything that needs body work or paint as I am not experienced with that. I am 100% mechanically inclined and would much rather a clutch job or blown rear or something.

Last edited by MikeFullBoost; 01-12-2014 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: Damn IPad sucks
MikeFullBoost is offline   Reply With Quote