View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 05:42 PM   #15
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
UPDATE:

I tested the fuel pressure and here are the results...

With no vaccume line removed it at 43 PSI Fuel Pressure

Revving the engine the psi jumps to 50 psi

removing the vacuum line we see 53-56 psi

adding 10 psi of air pressure we are at 66 psi of fuel.

Pretty sure i'm on the right track to the fix now.My first thought was replae the FPR but giving it some thought Im wondering if a partially clogged fuel filter may be the issue since its on the return line side this would increase fuel pressure and reduce fuel volume correct?

anyways i ordered a z32 fuel filter and a walbro 255lph pump just because the old pump is 15 years old and cant even hear iit anymore when i drive like i used to hear it.

if this doesnt fix issue i will replace the fpr though it didnt seem like the diaphram was torn or anything.also ill look for slight kinks in the lines.
Why is your fuel filter on the return side? Your injectors are filtering the fuel supply to your fuel filter.

Will it do it without a load?

You never smoke tested it, or what? Kind of sounds like a crankcase leak - large, but restricted by how long and convoluted it is. You could have blown out a seal, plug, delete plate, etc, if your PCV system malfunctioned or wasen't set up right and boosted the crankcase.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote