View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #23
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight zenki View Post
This is all about flattening the curve and preventing overrun of the hospitals. How many negative pressure rooms and ventilators are in your counties hospitals? If 1% of your counties population required critical care could the hospitals handle that? What happens to the other people having strokes, heart attacks, etc.
Who gives a crap.

So to "save" a thousand lives we are going to destroy everyone financially? Millions of people out of work, people will be losing their homes, business crippled, retirements lost... Etc! For what!?? To keep gramps alive another 6 months so he can die of influenza, H1N1 or a staff infection instead?

This will destroy the middle class.

The banks and huge businesses (Walmart, Apple, Amazon) will profit while small brink and mortar shops can't make rent.

Big chain fast food will survive with drive thru's, delivery and carry outs... But the local restaurants, dinners and bars will suffer.

Wealthy bankers can telecommute while auto workers, skilled trades and waiters go on unemployment.

Then we'll get a $1k stimulus check and a $100B bank bailout. $1k is two weeks pay so those McDonald's wankers can buy their legal pot and a PS5. I could wipe my ass with it.

It won't cover the fact mortgage rates shot up 2pts despite the fed being at 0%, it won't cover the $90k nose dive my 401k took, the 5% raise I just lost or whatever the fuck happens to my home's value.

But hey! We kept the hospitals opened and prolonged a few people's lives by another year or two.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote