View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
revenge240

Trader Rating: (0)
revenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of light
Project 240sx back to life: fuel sending unit assembly

Hey everyone! Hope all is well.
So finally bringing my 91 240sx with a red top SR20DET back to life after sitting for the past 6 years and need some advice.
I checked the fuel circuit using the FSM and some well documented forum posts and found that on the body/chassis side, everything works (relays, fuses, harness continuity), but the fuel pump is not priming. Thus, I removed it and discovered this:

The assembly looks bad but I'm wondering if it's salvageable? Can I clean it up, put in new wires and a pump and get it to work, or will I need to find another assembly? Those wires look pretty bad and not sure if I can remove these and put new ones in, anyone ever done that before here?
The fuel level sender actually works and does send the proper level to the gauge so that's okay but the pump just doesn't prime anymore. Of course, I'm going to drop the gas tank and clean it up, but would like to know if this thing is save-able before I drop a couple hundred on a new assembly and pump.
I'll also use this thread to post my build as time goes on so wish me luck! Been a member since I swapped to the redtop back in 2011 so excited to get her running again
Thanks in advance!!
revenge240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links