Thread: E85 thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #52
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
I've been running e85 for two years, I tune it with a standalone system -Autronic Fuel and Autronic 500r Ignition.

I'll definitely say being diligent with your fuel filter changes after you do the switch is very important. I did mine after the first two tanks of fuel and again at 1000 miles and the next oil change. The deposits that develop of the many years of use while using regular pump gas begin to quickly breakdown and travel downstream into your fuel filter when you start using e85. This is why it's so important to keep up with your fuel filter changes at first.

The other thing to be very diligent with, that I have seen mentioned, is to keep up with your catch-can. Emptying that will help your oil longevity in a big way while running e85. Your first two oil changes after switching to e85 should be done in half the time you are doing while using Pump gas. This is because once again the deposits and other gunk in your engine that has been collecting will start to break up and go into your oil. Also the conditioning of your seals and other internal delicates will take to the different level of moisture and acidity in your oil better if it is in a lower amount over a longer time.

Do not be alarmed by your first oil change after switching to e85, IT WILL SMELL HORRIBLE!!! also the amount of "gunk" in your Catch-can will be alarming if you don't empty your setup often. Also once you have a good sealing PCV system as it was mentioned bring it under vacuum so it can do its job.

For fueling I have ran a 255lph HP in-tank pump, with a Paxton FPR, 740cc injectors at 3 bar. I am well into the duty cycle of my injectors under boost, thus i am adding the system i have in the garage- A swirl-pot fed by the 255, that is then drawn on by an Aeromotive Eliminator. I will be running a a pump controller on the Eliminator such that while cruising it will be half voltage, then above 75% throttle it will return to full voltage and full capacity.

I will elaborate more if anyone has any questions. I have a service call to go on. Have a great day and goodluck!
TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote