View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #44
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
It's just a slightly odd shape. Shit, you people are acting like it's something out of this world... For someone experienced with metal bending and welding, and with a chassis, or at least the rear half cut to be used as a model, it shouldn't be that hard. Obviously it will have square edges and might be a little larger or smaller, but as long as the mounting points, the pump base and breathers are the same, it should be all good. Shit, if I had to I probably would give it a try, except I would make it out of steel since Im not good with aluminum.
Check this one out

for the f-body, a not so simple shape, and they sell for $600
here's a site with more pictures:
https://www.behindbarsracecars.com/C.../bbrcc9802.htm
No wonder people out there don't get shit done, they set themselves a lot of barriers...
All due respect, not sure if you comment was intended for me or not - but I never once said it could not be done. I looked into funding this before, and was given some answers that it wasn't cheap or easy for our fuel tanks. You mentioned here that sizing may not be perfect, and this is one of the issues - how the s14 tank is tucked, there isn't much room for error. Making a custom mold and then making the tank isn't a cheap endeavor either, much less if one has to scrap or change the final product.

As I said before, there was someone who I know is very knowledgeable regarding fabrication and cars, and this person on a now retired forum (or I would pull up their details and post here) explained that it really wasn't feasible. Doesn't at all mean it can't be done, just that it won't be an easy or cheap thing to do, and will likely cost more than the large majority of our niche community would be willing to spend.

Even that F body tank you put up is much more simple than the s14 tank. It's definitely IMO the biggest s-chassis design flaw among all the chassis from 12-15. Nissan screwed up on the design and materials big time.