View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:59 PM   #35
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
LOL. you are funny. can it be made? yes, are you willing to pay in the quadruple digits for a metal gas tank? No.
Oh come now. there are all manner of aftermarket aluminum tanks available. Just a couple weeks ago I passed by a friends shop as he was putting one into the stock tank location of a 70's Impala with a 2015 5.3L DI engine in it. It took some bending of the factory straps and some creative hardware but it fit well enough.

I've also seen a local fabricator make a pair of aluminum fuel tanks for a boat easily enough.

If you have the tig, the tools, how hard can it be? I might even ask if I see him in the near future what he thinks. I just don't like to ask questions about making stuff that I don't intend to have made up asap, waste of time, but this isn't such a big deal IMO.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote