View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #77
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Just curious, why Vancouver? I've watched videos and documentaries about how young people struggle to make rent and daily cost of living expenses and might never be able to afford to buy a house in Vancouver or Toronto. I'm in the SF Bay Area and don't live in San Francisco (one of the most expensive cities in the Bay Area), but I feel like those two cities in Canada are going to be even more expensive than San Francisco. To me, moving to Canada would be a lateral move, if not worse, and you would be dealing with all the same issues as California.

The Seattle area seems to have caught up with California (SF Bay Area and SoCal at least) and I expect housing costs to be similar. In fact, around 5 years ago, a local friend was considering moving to Seattle and buying an "affordable" place for about 500k or so but didn't pull the trigger. Recently I asked him about his plan to move to Seattle and he said he lost his opportunity to move out there because similar properties to what he was looking at have almost doubled in price so he might as well stay put.
Vancouver Washington.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote