View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
BenRice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Just sourced a secondhand FK rear bumper, locally too! Pick it up next Monday.

So stoked, was expecting to have to buy new but one has come up for sale from one of the local Pro-am drivers. This kit is going to be fitted for track work and the Vertex for road use - the sides are still fine and the rear can be fixed easy enough, just need a new front.

Am thinking i may have a go at getting some more width out of my rear fenders to ensure the wheels dont look sunk with the wider, lower kit. I am worried about compression dents though so will start research methods. I thought about cutting the inner wheel well, pumping, then filling the gap with new steel. That would allow the outer skin to move easier without the inner putting tension on it.

The front should be ok, but i will keep a lookout for S14 LCA's. I'd only need an extra 10mm to make it look right, so the extra 20mm the s14 LCA's give over the S13 LCA's means i could reduce the front space down from 25mm to 15mm and reduce my scrub radius. I'll just have to check if i am currently fouling on swaybars or castor arms.
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote