View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #73
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
some friends came to help/look at their phones while prepping for super d rd 3

figured out the main source of all of my power steering issues. kinda hard to see in the pic, but theres some steel braid in the line. not sure how this happened... replaced with a new line. and moved the ps reservoir to right next to the clutch master cyl. hopefully it'll stay cooler there?

stole the hood off the twotone shell, called it good, and went drifting

battled against al in top 16. his car is way too fast

al was easily able to keep up with me, and touched the butt, so naturally he won.

pulled in after the battle and the left side of the car was clunking. thought it was my axel somehow, but i couldn't find anything definitive. dom broke a spring off his clutch disk so i let him borrow my car to do his top 16 run in. he went in the first turn and the ebrake stayed up. second run was pretty solid. it was cool to see my car shooting dual flames haha. when he pulled back in the clunking was worse. i found some metal shavings around the left wheel. then i realized the lug nuts weren't centered in the holes. loose lugs DOH

not sure how they loosened or if i just didn't tighten them all the way or what, but it was fine for a dozen or so runs before being noticeable...

oh well. at least i have two pairs of rear wheels. i'm sure the local wheel repair shop i've taken my broken shit to before can fix it no problem.

roy was nice enough to install some auto-collect storm fender braces for me at the track. fenders are sturdy as hell now! also got a harness protector, but not sure where it ended up after the event

it's been nice driving around on these brisk fall/winter nights after the miserable heat all summer long

new aero should be showing up at the end of the month. very excited to update the look!