View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #17
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
While running more camber enables more camber retention under full lock and compression, you also are now fighting some serious toe in and bump steer when doing it. Lets also not forget that when you're at full luck and your outer wheel is now got (theoretically speaking) 3 or 4* of camber vs the static of 5, your inside wheel (non loaded) is going to be loosing grip due to the massive camber...thus putting (as what I'd say) an undesirable amount of stress on the loaded wheel/tire combo...I just can't see it being helpful for any sort of performance control, regardless grip or drift. There is certainly a balance of static camber to be reached...I just think you're throwing way to much camber at a setup (especially on street tires), when you'd probably have better front grip with 2-3* of static camber.

Front camber does also change under compression, it's all relative to your control arms and how off your roll center is though. I assume at your ride height that they are probably aiming at the moon, so you're obviously going to loose camber under compression, as well as have odd toe movement as well, as regardless of the tension arm being in the same place, it's still a triangulated point and will control how the hub rotates upon compression)

Either way, bust of luck. Not trying to be a hater, just trying to make sense of it all.
all of this is important...

if you are drifting in a professional series

anywhere else it really makes no difference

i mean i have a lot of camber, 205/40 on a 9j, and r33 brembos

not once have i felt while drifting i needed more front grip or while braking

also this man doesn't seem to have any problem drifting fast with -9 degrees of camber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImGVaFNihLo
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote