View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
These wheels are literally under $1400 shipped brand new from Jesse streeter. Good luck and get real. Especially repainted with a crack
I had no idea Streeter could get them cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitelite240 View Post
Lol made me laugh a little.

"They were originally black and I had them painted silver"
-But why? just dip them silver and not ruin the oem paint job.

Paint is in pretty good shape, just not perfect
-The new owner could just peeled it off if it wasnt done good.

"but the wheels themself are perfect. 1 wheel had a crack in it that I had it professionally repaired."
-This doesnt mean they are perfect. One wheel had a crack as was repaired. You should show shots of the repair, if it was balanced and shaped back as well. And who the work was done by. Is it a reputable re-build shop in your area? Did you send it back to Volk for the work?

I've got a set of LMGT4s 18x8.5. 1 is cracked and it's a fucking process to get is back to its original ridigity. I may send mine back to Rays if sensei6 in Cali cant help me.
I had them painted because dipping looks like garbage in my opinion. In retrospect I should've gotten them blasted and powdercoated but I was in a rush to get the car together for a drift event. As far as being perfect and the paint not being great is what I meant... Yeah the paint has scratches and chips but the faces are in good shape. As far as the cracks go, It ended up having more than 1 crack that I nor the place that repaired them recognized. So im probably going to get a new one as a replacement. Thanks for the input though, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Love the works nine aero!
Thanks dude! I love it too.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote