View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 04:03 PM   #4108
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remav View Post
Hey guys,
The wheels I'm going to get are white Fifteen 52 Tarcmacs 17x9 ET45 5x100.
no... just no! buy them the right bolt pattern and offset the first time

Quote:
So my question to you guys, from what I've seen, 17x9 +15 offset sits pefectly flush with the stock fenders and fits, is this true? if not what size will?
ok so a few things...

1, you will HAVE TO roll your fenders. if you dont know how to do this, find a body shop that does and tell them to heat the shit out of the rear metal prior to rolling otherwise youll wind up with pressure dents in the quarter panels above BOTH rear fenders. major S-Chassis issue when rolling fenders

2, 17x9 +35 is perfect fender fitment with factory camber. 17x9 +15 is perfect fitment for the hot boi/fitment crowd. you will have to run a good amount of negative camber front + rear as well as run stretched tires. if the stretched tired and tons of camber approach is what youre looking for, then by all means. but if you want contact patch + meatier tires to actually make the car handle well and keep the power going to the ground, consider going with a higher offset.

my car on 17x8.5 +30 on 225s and 17x9.5 +38 on 245s with rolled fenders and factory camber (though i am on coilovers and adjustable arms, camber is set to -1 deg front and rear)...

Quote:
The only problems are that my Silvia is 4×114.3, and that I'll need to remove 30 offset. If I use a 114.3x4 to 5x100 30mm spacer adapter, this should then make the wheels' effective offset 17x9+15 (45-30=15). Is it okay to use the spacer adapter too?
3, buy wheels that are the proper size the FIRST TIME!!! ie: bolt pattern, offset and width. i would HIGHLY recommend you not waste your money on 4 lug wheels and buy a 5 lug conversion right out of the gate... this will save you A LOT of hassle and time trying to find the wheels you want. unless you are going for the old school Dorisha look with small wide wheels and extremely stretched tires, got 5 lug and never look back! yes i know it costs money to do and you are probably impatient, but take it from someone whos owned 5 of these cars over 18 years... GO 5 LUG!!! ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY NOT TO!!!

i will forewarn you that you WILL get flamed for posting the kind of questions you just did as it shows exactly how inexperienced, young and early on to the scene you are.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote