View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #126
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
So to add a little insight to my last “busy” post. Some of you might know, I’ve been a full time employee and student recently. I recently became a paramedic after putting it off for some time. I’ve worked at one of the busiest local Emergency rooms (level 2 trauma facility) for the past 7 years. That journey recently came to an end, when I decided to leave the hectic environment, and chose to pick up a part time job at a local micro hospital ER. I did this so I can go back to school full time so I can get my BSN. Between all this stress with switching jobs, my medic license, and being tight on cash, I put the s14 last on my list of things to do. Now that I have more time to wrench, I hope to finish this up within the next few months. WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID....

Finally, I got some work done. First and foremost, I have to thank my boy Justin for always lending a helping hand! Fucker always comes through when I need advice, clarity, and a second set of hands.

A while back I had finally installed my Maverick Motorsports adapter plate to the engine. I originally used the Z33 carrier, pivot ball, fork, and SR20 TOB. When We put it all together, the TOB would barley make contact with the pressure plate fingers

Here are some pics of the TOB/pressure plate finger contact.

I got super frustrated. Justin and I started searching threads and forums to see what could be done about this. I had so much information at one time, I ended up mixing up all the info we found. IDK where is thought I read I’d need a z32 pivot ball, but I ended up ordering that and a brand new SR TOB and carrier.

Last night I separated the trans from the block, installed the z32 pivot ball, joined the SR TOB to the carrier, installed that and mated the trans back to the engine. This was where the fork sat. It was extremely tight. No wiggle room whatsoever.

The difference in height between the z32/z33 pivot ball (yes I’m Mexican and that is one of those Mexican blankets on top of my car lolololol)

So then Tin and I separated the trans from the engine AGAIN, and swapped out the z32 pivot for the z33. We put it all back together and ended up with this. Finally.

So I need some advice from you all, the community.

I’ve been contemplating on tubbing my engine bay and relocating the fuse box either to my glove box, or under the airbag tray on the dash.

Some of my buddies are telling me just to leave it as is, but I would enjoy having that clean look.

I need to paint the bay before I drop in the engine (obviously) and I just wanna know which way you all lean more towards. Pointers and tips always welcomed!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by jerry_beans; 09-26-2019 at 02:43 PM..
jerry_beans is offline   Reply With Quote