View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #64
Esserz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Esserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
Quick question, when you installed your RXT & slave did you do any measurements to see if you needed a shim behind the slave?

I only ask because I didnt & now I'm thinking I may need one... of course after I get the motor/trans back in the chassis etc. My master is adjusted as much as I can & i've bled the system a ton but the clutch isnt disengaging 100%.
I did not shim it, I have read that some people have to and some don't. I guess I will see if it's needed. My master cylinder has a lot of adjustment, so I'm thinking I will be okay.

Finally had a warm weekend so a lot of progress was made. I had to remove the intake again in order to get the speedhut oil pressure sender and adapter installed. I also had to slightly trim the firewall lip to help clear the wire harness.

It was surprisingly warm out today despite the 6 inches of snow on the ground!

I bought a cheap Pioneer radio to install in the empty hole on the dash, and wired it up. To my surprise the retractable antenna works still.

It was time to fill up the coolant system. I used a AirLift system, which vacuum fills the entire coolant system. I pulled a 30in vacuum on it and it took about 3 full gallons to fill. Zero bubbles and no need to burb the system with this method!

It sucked up the fluid until it was full to the brim.

I installed the plugs and wires, as well as some vibrant heat sleeves on the wires for added protection. Here are some shots of the "completed" engine bay. Just waiting on an oil catch can and it's basically how it will look:

And I finally found a cover for my fuse box lol