View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 10:37 AM   #225
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I can't believe its been over 3 years since I've posted something on here. I've had a lot of changes and a recent trip to Florida has brought me back to Zilvia....hang tight until the bottom of the post!!

EDIT: I'm actually not able to embed the scrolling imgur link so here's just a link to all of the pictures....

https://imgur.com/a/rxrKbgA

-I ended up picking up a full carbon fiber interior kit for the F30 328i

-Picked up some new Hankook Ventus Evo2's in 245/40/19 and 265/35/19

-Got some 437m wheels in 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +40 (pretty wack offsets after coming from the 240 scene lol)

-I got a full M Sport conversion kit (front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper) using one of those ebay coupons that used to come around so often. I sold the front bumper and ended up making most of the money back for the entire kit. I installed the sideskirts and rear bumper.

-Picked up a carbon fiber diffuser and burnt titanium exhaust tipS

-Got a muffler delete out to 2 single tips 335i style

-Got some cool slip on aluminum pedals

-A few pictures with the wheels on, new skirts and bumper, and lowered on H&R sport springs

-Tried out some LCI "blackline" tail lights. The wiring was absolute garbage and they would flicker every time I went over any bumps in the road.

-Got the regular LCI tail lights and a few pictures comparing the original, the blackline and the regular LCI

-Got a few pictures from someone in FL who just finished doing my S15 front end conversion...!!

-Installed a red ignition button for +15 hp

-Out of order but went with a catless downpipe

-.....I had the F30 328i for 5 years and it served me really well. After a few hiccups in the beginning, it was pretty reliable the rest of the time that I owned it. Plenty of passing power for the highways and an overall cool daily. I was ready for an upgrade though and went and checked out a 2018 M2. I ended up buying it the next week. Its mineral grey, manual, 11k miles wooo.

-Got my plate transferred to it.

-Installed a Dinan carbon fiber air intake

-Installed an M Performance carbon fiber rear diffuser

-Got some overlay tint strips for the reverse section of the tail lights

-And then what brought me back to the forum. I was in Lakeland FL for a wedding and picked up my 240!! I arranged for a transport truck to drive it out to CA by the end of the week. I am super excited though I have been out of the 240 world for so long that there is a lot that I will have to relearn. I have about 100 little things that I need to fix on it haha...

Planning to work on both cars as the funds become available.

M2: Looking to do full bolt ons, a Dinan exhaust and bootmod3 flash tune. Should be good for about 380-390whp. I have the N55 motor which is actually pretty limited by the high pressure fuel pump and smaller turbo from the factory. I'd like to eventually get a stage 2 HPFP and pure stage 2 turbo for around 480ish whp. There are a few more cosmetic mods to add as well....

240: The guy who had my car for the s15 front work helped a lot but also broke a few things in the process, including the few things that I already had to fix makes for a looooong list. Keep in mind I basically did not get to drive this after swapping the motor.

My fuel gauge no longer works...the guy said my fuel pump died and he replaced it for me, so I don't know if he knocked the floater loose or there's a loose connection somewhere or what.

My speedometer never worked with the stock KA and after swapping over the sensor when I did the SR swap.

Something may be up with the wiring specialties harness because right when I plugged it in initially (5+ years ago), the windshield wipers would start going and they wouldn't stop. I just unplugged it temporarily to look into in the future.

My tail lights don't seem to be working. They were working when I left my car. The guy who had it ended up dropping my rear subframe to look at the fuel tank and he replaced my rear bushings. Im wondering if he unplugged the lights at some point and didnt get them hooked back up correctly...

My headlight stalk works for switching on/off the highbeams....but there is no "click" to it any more. This was in working order when I left my car...BUT this guy did wire up my s15 headlights. I was planning to buy a little conversion harness from someone on here...

My hood release by the steering wheel broke. I've got to use a pair of vice clamps to grab it and pop the hood.

The driver's side window is falling off the "track"

The passenger's side window doesn't go down at all. Might need a new motor amp?

I never had the time to wire up my electric fans correctly to my AEM EMS2. They are hard wired to be ON all the time and I basically have a wire in the passenger footwell (ECU area) that when touched to a metal contact point, gets them going.

I never tucked my AEM anywhere, its just sitting there in the passenger floor.

I never had the time to properly wire up my AEM Tru Boost or UEGO AFR gauges. I don't remember what they are tapped to for power. They come on when the car is turned on, but when the headlights are turned on, they go off.

There seems to be a hesitation/delay when revving the engine. I tried directly at the throttle body and its there. I don't know if something has happened in all of this time that its been sitting or if it was originally there with the tune.

My power steering is totally gone. The rack used to leak way way back (2011?) when I was driving it with the KA. I may just need to get a remanufactured rack and pinion or something.

I forgot that when the car was being tuned, apparently I missed a bolt on one of the AC lines thats bolted to the firewall. I had gone to get more oil and when I came back, my friends told me that it drooped down, touched the turbo elbow, and popped. I don't have AC because of that. I'm hoping I can find an AC shop that may be able to patch the line and recharge it, because everything is there for working AC.

Literally the week before I came into town to get my car, someone walking by my car actually fell and hit the passenger side mirror. Its taped on but I'll need a new mirror.

Now that I'll be in CA with shitty gas that's barely even 91, I'll have to get the car re-tuned. Kind of sucks that I paid to get it tuned in FL and never even got to drive it. I think I made a mistake going with the S15 injectors so I'm thinking I'll grab a set of nismo 740cc's before finding someone to tune it again. I want to have everything working correctly before going to the tuner. Last time, I had a massive boost leak and didn't get a fully accurate dyno graph.

Well thats about it. Probably more on that list to do than I can remember right now. I am super excited, this is the first time I've seen my car in 5 years. I'll post up more pictures when the car is delivered this week and get some side by side with my M2.

Wooooooooooooooooooooo
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote