View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #21
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
The only reason that I would run extended LCA's is so that I can flip my camber plates and use them to adjust caster.

Caster is a much more effective method of adjusting the contact patch at full lock, because it's what actually causes the high-angle "lean" in the first place.

Adjusting caster with the upper strut mount is quite different that using the tension rod.

It's all a balance. How you adjust things, camber, caster, overcentering, etc. These all have to be balanced out, no one adjustment is going to make things awesome. Try and think outside the box, think of how your suspension moves and the way you can adjust the different points of the system and how it will effect things.

The guys in Britain do it kinda backwards.
OMG that is a great idea.... I assume you are on a s13 chassis with S14 LCA, so the front top hats on coilovers should line up and all you need to do is turn the top hats?

If I had adjustable FLCA's like from PBM, then I would be able to adjust camber and castor on the fly and adjust the castor "more" correctly where by moving the entire suspension instead of just pivoting it but adjust the tc rods.

Is that correct?