View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightinchunk View Post
that unfortunate
At times, but with anything the only way to learn is to balance all of your sources and to expose yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gription View Post
Is this nico forums?
What's that supposed to mean (honestly)? DUnno if it's a situation where you don't want to learn or are just writing us (me) off as unknowing, or what (which is fine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
not once have i felt while drifting i needed more front grip or while braking

also this man doesn't seem to have any problem drifting fast with -9 degrees of camber
While I understand your point, to me it's relative; Much like the fact that you can have sex with your cousin isn't going to hurt anything, it's still wrong and should be avoided (maybe a bad example, but still the same).

TO me, even on an amature level, I'd think that users would rather sort out how their setup works, and why it works, rather than modding it in one fashion and hoping it works. Again, I'm not doubting that you couldn't do it...nor am I saying that you'll never drift ever with that much camber (as we all know you can)...my point is if you have the ability to actually modify your car, and have half a brain, why not try and 'maximize' your setup and really make it work?

I guess that's always been the confusing thing (to me) in regard to the amature and semi-am drift guys...they are quick to make a odd adjustment and live with, rather than trying to really sort it out. Not saying they are dumb or wrong for doing it that way (heck even I did that forever ago with my 240 with grip stuff) but I just don't get the point of 'living with it' when it's so easily fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
The only reason that I would run extended LCA's is so that I can flip my camber plates and use them to adjust caster.

Caster is a much more effective method of adjusting the contact patch at full lock, because it's what actually causes the high-angle "lean" in the first place.

Adjusting caster with the upper strut mount is quite different that using the tension rod.

It's all a balance. How you adjust things, camber, caster, overcentering, etc. These all have to be balanced out, no one adjustment is going to make things awesome. Try and think outside the box, think of how your suspension moves and the way you can adjust the different points of the system and how it will effect things.

The guys in Britain do it kinda backwards.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote