View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #434
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you dont get it, because you are an ill-informed liberal. you believe in fairy tale solutions to life problems, that the government will be able to establish protections for nonsense like this. you eat up bullshit like ibram kendi's definition of racism.

you see, low-brow cave-men such as myself are proud to be around people of all color, nationality, etc... because none of that shit matters. most down to earth people give zero fucks about this stuff. this divisive talk only works on the dumbest of the dumb, or the over-educated, over-sheltered idiots that have been indoctrinated. safe spaces dont exist in the real world.
Your position's a tall tale, bruh, because there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people living a nightmare. Your position in re: me is also a tall tale, because I, in the post you quoted, specifically said that addressing systemic racism would reduce the size and scope of government. I'm not looking for protections, I'm looking for removal and wholesale change of institutions, laws, and practices.

Systemic racism isn't something that's chosen by this generation of public workers and politicians (except when it is, but we're not covering that right now). It's a feature of the system, a built-in anti-perk.

It's not too hard to believe that there could be policies that influence one class over another, right? Slavery was legal at one time. Jim Crow laws existed. Less than a hundred years ago, we had internment camps for people of Japanese descent (one of which is just a little north of a multi-billion-dollar LA county folly). Just over fifty years ago (this is an edit, I forgot how to math for a second), we had literal racial segregation.

It's not too hard to believe that there might be a cultural issue when our health care systems don't believe black patients' complaints or when medical textbooks literally taught that black people feel less pain than whites. It's not too hard to believe that there might be a cultural issue when black patients lose limbs at a higher rate than white patients.

There's Radley Balko's entire treatise on systemic racism in the criminal justice system. The ACLU's report on racial division in marijuana arrests or a "large-scale analysis of racial disparities in police stops." What about when night time obscures race? Oh, the disparity decreases of course: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0507094621.htm.

Harsher offenses, longer prison terms, longer waits for parole. Then the disparities worsen because of criminal records.

Fuck it, here's the entire writing from a libertarian author: https://tanneronpolicy.com/2020/11/1...stemic-racism/

What about stop and frisks or consent searches? Black cops and black politicians don't necessarily have the power to break the stranglehold of systemic racism.

Republicans bristle. Black cops bristle. But that doesn't make it any less true, or any less pernicious. Systemic racism is an insult to every American of every race. We should always strive to be, as you said, "proud to be around people of all color" and part of that is dismantling the built-in barriers to progress. By the way, plenty of people of color succeed despite the barriers- but wouldn't the United States be a fuckton better if we actively dismantled the barriers?

I believe in problems, and I believe the solutions are incredibly complex and dynamic. They require teamwork and cooperation and an understanding that this country will only get better if we get better, that understanding isn't just a word we use because it makes us seem woke but a word we use because we empathize.

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 09-14-2021 at 11:22 AM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote