View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 09:40 AM   #7772
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I have problem overcentering.

Rack mounts were moved forward on the subframe, along with rack-forward bushings. Toe was ran around 1/8" out to 1/16" out.

The FLCA I have are the S13 +39>+74mm version set to full-short length.
Knuckles are the newest "Pro Drift" knuckle with caster trail and adjustable ackerman, washers set to less-ackerman.

Top hats are the newest "V3 Premium" with separate caster and camber adjustment. I initially had them set to least camber/least caster (forward and outboard effectively), at one point I moved the top hats caster adjustment toward the firewall about 50%, and this seemed to help the overcentering a little bit but was still doing it randomly.

A little off topic but with the GkTech outer tie rods and drop knuckles on a 17x9 wheel, I ended up having to cut a lot out of the tie rod shank and use 0 bump-steer spacers so that the tie rod wouldn't hit the wheel. At this point the outer tie rods are the same height as oem would be and can't really drop them any lower.
Sorry I meant to reply to this but it's detailed and I've been stacked. What is your actual caster set at? You need to run low caster with those knuckles, like 4* or less to get them to function right. Often times you still need to adjust the lower arm for caster despite the top hats being in the forward position. Also the low ackerman setting might not be the best if you want good feel.

Yes, because the knuckles are for drift only, the bumpsteer adjustment is optimized for low caster, big angle setups. You can just run an OEM style outer with those knucks.

So basically either limit your lock with lock stops if you want to run a very self-steering setup or dial out the caster.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 06-02-2020 at 11:54 AM..
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote