View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #46
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by caglej View Post
So if I purchased a kit with the older parts, will you swap them out if I send you the cores?
Depends, our 4th re-design of the reservoir had the issues. Send us an email with which one you have to verify.

[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
Yes that answered all of my questions. got some new ones though.

1. yes my engine gets hot, but since the aluminum reservior is, well, aluminum, shouldn't it get hotter than the stock one? And It's my DD so if anything spirited driving will be it. Just trying to figure it out.

2. how is the install? unscrew this, that, and this, drain here, Then

3. with the pinhole in the cap, does it leak out from there?

4. "Also, theres no need to turn your wheel left to right when idling " I find myslef noticing when I do turn the wheel when dling more now than ever before thanks to this comment. Like when I am pulling out of a tight spot, or parallel parking, getting out of a driveway. should I give it gas when it's struggling lol?

5. And the copper washer is gone now correct? that was the part that was causing the leaking in the earlier version correct?
1. You have nothing to worry about as far as heat. NASCAR uses Aluminum Power Steering Reservoirs.

2. http://www.chasebays.com/content/downloads/ChaseBays240sxPSKitInstallGuide.pdf

3. This is answered earlier in the thread, the reservoir has internal baffles. No leaks from this.

4. I think you looked too deep into that. I was meaning as if you were sitting at a stop light turning left and right because you were bored. Sorry for being unclear. Your car will NOT die, and you won't have to worry about this at all. Unless you have some electrical problems, as stated earlier in the thread. But you would already be experiencing issues if so.

5. In some cases it was. We just changed the fitting on the low pressure side to a straight cut instead of o-ring.

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote