View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #155
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I'm the last person you want to ask that.

You know how hard it is to pay more for something that you used to pay less for?
In ~2007 I bought an 1999 gunmetal S15 Spec-R from Japan for 12000ish. Complete, running, not a damn thing wrong with it. No damage at all. Thats why I wanted it.
Left the body original paint and just drove the thing for years.

So, that was ten years ago. And I expect car prices to come down, not go up. You know, "normal stuff" to happen.
So here we are almost 10 years since then, I would expect an S15 to go for even less than that now.
And we all know how inferior the S14 is to the s15. So... way less. I would try to pick one up from Japan auction for around $5000 and have it here for under 8k.
Thats about what they went for 10 years also, more or less. Its hard to remember the S14 situation though because nobody ever brought them, usually it was just S15 and skylines.
A local friend just picked up a 1992 GT-S Skyline for around 6k.

The deals are out there. Find an overstocked Importer with fresh cars coming in and no space....
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote