View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 03:41 PM   #4453
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
correct, i am offering a replica of it, but in no way are my parts inferior (theyre actually better than GP Sports fiberglass as their parts are thick, rock hard and shatter super easy)... however, i made a few improvements to how the skirts and valances mount and fit on the car given the urethane valances i found fit like garbage (they were brand new too) and the mounting points were crap. i also removed the area of the skirt that fits under the door and replaced it with a 90 degree flange like the 180sx Type-R skirts had as door sag is becoming a rather large issue with S13s now.

also, just a heads up... you owned the urethane version, not ABS plastic.

curious though, what happened to your kit? youre one of 4 people to ever bring any of those parts to the US (im the 5th). im assuming you got your kit thru Sam at J-Spec given he was the master distributor for GP Sports in the early 2000s here.
No comment about yours, just making the distinction since I still care about these things.

Urethane/ABS, whatever it was it wasn't FRP nor was it the flexible FRP that CWest kits used to have.

I sold it after I wrecked my car in 2004. The original FS thread is still here on Zilvia but the person that bought it isn't on any forums...

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=62880

now that I'm looking at the thread, I had a full kit but not the GPSports side skirt... I remembered why: I hated the vent design. Front/rear was perfect but the sides just weren't for me.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote