View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 01:19 PM   #94
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niz View Post
So glad I found this thread! Not looking to turn my S13 into a drift missle, but something I can enjoy an occasional track day/autox event in. Good info in here and awesome build.
Thanks man. Starting to repeat myself here, but the thread is in dire need of an update. So here's a small one.

With Covid-19 going on, the AER races at Pittrace in Western PA and Watkins Glen were cancelled. AER was able to book Nelson Ledges in Ohio in the beginning of June for a single 9 hour race to make up for the lost races, but not sure we'll be able to make that one. Next after that is New Jersey in mid June, which is our target for the first race if it also doesn't get cancelled. Pittrace was rescheduled for July and Watkins Glen is done for 2020 as it's incredibly difficult to rent that track for weekend events. They may consider doing a weekday race there if teams are up for it.

There are big-ish changes this year as well. Looking to get some more power (30-50 more bhp....I'll let you guys guess how we're doing that ), increasing fuel capacity, and also going proper manual brakes in the car (balance bar/dual MC setup...not Chase Bays single MC style) without using off-the-shelf pedals boxes. Possibly a brake caliper change also (Wilwood to Stoptech) if my testing of caliper deflection warrants it, and perhaps offer a BBK to run these calipers as well.

I also am converting/simplifying the electrical system to run a solid state Power Distribution Module (PDM) from Cartek Motorsports. Those not familiar, these units eliminate standard fuses and relays from the system and all the wiring that runs to them from your typical switch panel. They're pretty incredible really. Only reason why I'm doing this is because I scored a pre-owned one for a song from an AER friend and it's simple to use. More info on what they are:

https://www.cartekmotorsport.com/pow...ibution-panel/

The the entire front of the car and drivers side rear quarter of the car also got banged up at the Mid-Ohio Saturday race in October so there's also body work to be done and some aftermarket fenders going on the car (now a proper 240 lol). Looks like I hit a pole, but that pole was the roll cage b-pillar of another car:

Will get pictures, updates, and stories from 2019 races next....