View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 11:30 PM   #28
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
lol where u gonna get a 600rwhp sr20 for $500?

The appeal is now we can have all that power basically free... why fuck with a more expensive engine that makes so much less torque?

The Al LS is even lighter or similar weight than sr20det so I don't even see the issue here. Stock manifolds @ 800rwhp = 30 minutes to change all 8 plugs.

Its not even harder to work on and the parts are cheaper. It even comes with a factory $60 computer that doubles as a stand-alone.

The factory 240sx subframe/differential seems like it was MADE to support V8 torque... So it's not like your swapping in a powerful motor thats gonna wreck the diff (like a Camaro)

Cars are backwards! The ones that come with V8 can't handle it and the ones that come with 4-cylinders need a V8 to make sense of their differentials and huge brakes...

still looking for a down side!!!

Hey if the sr20 was similarly priced and put out similar power I would stick with it. I <3 4 and 6 and 8 cylinders but uhhh... yeah... gonna go with the biggest cheapest lightest usually...

Its (not?) a coincidence that chevy started producing "sr20 quality engines" in 2002 which is the same exact time that Japanese manufacturers said "ok, we are done with that tech, you can have it guys" and ended the turbo sr20/2jz (both 86x86 engines) the same year.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote