Thread: Sneakerheads
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I couldn't & still can't commit to buying any of recent releases. After seeing the Cool Grey's & the workmanship that JB put into their shoes, I could NOT see myself buying re-re-re-re-re-retros.

The Chicago's that came out were NOTHING like my old '95 Orlando's. The material was shit and my shoes were from fucking '95. And don't even get me started on the Cement IV's they put out.

However, the re-re-re-re-release of the 3's were alright. I wanted to cop but I was fine borrowing my cousin's 01's if I ever wanted to wear 'em, haha.

With all of this said, the shoe game has gone to shit. Camp-out's are absolutely dangerous, resellers ask for double retail, little boppers think they're collectors with the shitty bullshit that Jordan brand is putting out. Same went for Nike, after those black/purple releases, it went downhill.
EVERYTHING you said is why I do not allow myself to pay full price for anything. The triple stitching and better leathers from the Jordans I had in middle and high school are all gone, and the shoes are technologically inferior, but INVARIABLY cost more. As I am one to buy shoes that I intend to wear, I will not pay that kind of money for a lesser product.
I do most of my sneaker shopping in “comeup” mode – I will scour outlets and such for 60% or more off of retail.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote