View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
zziak
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
zziak is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 95 s14 with what appears to be the same exact issue. I purchased the car and noticed that the clutch engagement point was as soon as you start to lift your foot off the pedal from the floor, or at the beginning of pedal release travel.

I drove it this way for a few months with no issues. After about 4 months of stop and go traffic I started to experience slip. Thinking the clutch was about burned out, since the vehicle has 226k miles on it, I ordered another new clutch.

In the mean time I tried adjusting the adjustment bolt. There was no adjustment that resulted in a pedal engagement near the center of pedal travel. It would either be at the very bottom or very top of pedal travel. Sometimes it would take a few seconds to even engage and produce forward motion..

Fast forward to today, I have replaced the clutch, throwout bearing, and pressure plate, and bleed the system.

With a brand new clutch I still experience clutch engagement at the top or bottom of the pedal travel.

I would like some insight as to what I am missing, as I am already experiencing slip of the clutch from first with the pedal fully released.
zziak is offline   Reply With Quote