View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #12212
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I just want to be clear that I meant Toyota is the most interesting manufacturer

to me today. In part because of the shifts they’ve made in the last couple of years. The supra and 86 are more obvious examples. the corrola and camry a represent move forwards, even though I still prefer the alternatives from honda..

Toyota still makes some very strange choices, like making a $42k Avalon TRD trim and not bringing over the grmn yaris, but for the most part they are doing a lot more interesting and positive things than not.
I don't see any shifts.

They are making the same stubborn uninspired products for the last 25 years now.

Camry and Corolla just LOOK sportier.

Tacoma is a retread of the 2005 truck with minimal upgrades.

Tundra is a virtually unchanged product now.

BRZFGT-should have been a Celica, but is a limp wrist, half measure Subaru partnership. Why we didn't get a proper engine is baffling, and it sounds like the next Gen will also not have a prosper engine option.

Zupra is an embarrassing badge swap and now Toyota wants to partner with Porsche?

Talk about a lazy, incapable company. They are the third largest automaker in the world with one of the largest luxury brands.. And can't find a way to cross platform share cars and engines internally? Why are they not collaborating with Lexus on joint sports cars and sedans?

GM is giving us a God Damn Mid Engine, DOHC Twin Turbo V8 Hyper Car for what maybe under six figures... Toyota a rebagded Z4 Coupe with a Dodge Chargers automatic transmission...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote