View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #36
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbh148 View Post
Everybody always says IACV and MAF stuff in these kinds of threads, but you never ever see anybody report back that replacing those things or changing them made any difference.

I had this same problem, and what fixed it for me was having my SR's intake pipe extended to 18" (between the MAF and the turbo) with two 90 degree bends added.

So lets talk about this as well. The factory intake rubber (and all similar length inlet tubes, like the greddy) is designed with the factory bypass valve in mind, meaning that, at idle, and during off-throttle conditions, the bypass is leaking air back to the rubber intake tube to prevent this exact problem.

When you install an aftermarket Bypass, such as a HKS SSQV, or any bypass that holds shut at idle, the air will flow backwards through the turbocharger (instead of through the bypass) at idle and the maf sensor will see that and the engine will run rich when you lift from the throttle. You can fix with an extended/bendy inlet tube, or running an open bypass at idle (such as a recirculated greddy type-S)