View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 12:06 AM   #141
harris180
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwzweston View Post
I get your point, and I agree with everything you said below the first line. Yeah, I compared a Formula Drift car to D1GP cars. That's the point. D1GP cars arguably have to fulfill every requirement an FD car does, but they look like the ones I posted, instead of the ones OBEEWON posted. And yes, there are definitely some questionable looking D1 cars, especially now. But almost every single FD car looks worse than the worst D1 car. And all the D1 cars have sponsor stickers, no? It's all in the layout/graphic design/vinyl. I have nothing against amateur drivers learning to drift in beat up cars. It does bother me that 'Ratchet 240 Gang' daily drives their pieces of trash, and that they take pride in being 'ratchet', but, to me at least, it's almost as bad that these huge budget Formula Drift cars that have sponsors out the can't even manage to come up with a vinyl design that doesn't look like a 12 year old who just discovered how to paste things in Paint.
You don't think you have a bias though possibly? On the previous page, people were talking about how bad the falken s14 was, but then went on to say that the porsche livery was awesome.. It's the same livery..

I suppose I just don't see why that s13 looks as terrible as some of you are making it out to be. Yes, ideally, I would have designed it differently, but then thats a pure preference thing, its not even someone doing it wrong. You'd want your livery to look different to me to the next guy, its one of those extremely niche things where 2 people wont want it exactly the same.

As i mentioned earlier on, it just seems weird that in a thread of "you're doing it wrong", there is a mixture of disgusting ratchet cars that are dailyed but look like arsehole, drift cars that are clearly trailer cars that are used purely as a tool to better ones skills, and formula D cars that are essentially mint but have what boils down to 'bad sponsor sticker placement'.
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote