View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #80
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
Man.. I wish I would have asked before purchasing/installing it.
I would like to know little more in detail if you could elaborate though. I would think "flows less" mean that the impellers are smaller given same rpm between s13/14 engines, wouldn't that cause less cavitation? unless there's something going on inside the block.. or if the blade design is different.well, let me know! I will change back to s13 water pump if I have to!

I do have bigger pulley so hope that it helps. I will report back after next track day!
Short of it is; S14 impellers are shorter when used on the S13 head due to the different casting between the heads. What this translate to is the impellers themselves simply do not reach far enough into the waterpump housing to have enough surface area to "pump" the water. Its like sticking half your hand out the window vs sticking all your hand out the window. Only half your hand actually gets acted on by the wind in the first scenario.

Look at them side-side. The details are not immediately apparent.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote