View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #142
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

At first I was having issues starting the motor and it turns out the MAF died. When I hooked up my standalone, the reading was sitting at 255. NO IDEA how tf the MAF died! All I did was set it on a shelf when it was removed from the car. POS reman car parts!

The MAF sitting at 100% flooded the motor and caused it to not start. I updated Ray what happened and couldn’t believe it. I pulled the spark plugs to air out the motor overnight. The next morning I had an old MAF to A B test with and it started up!

While I was at it, I spoke with my tuner about getting it tuned again. Since the timing was corrected, the tune would be way off. He recommended (again) to wire in the MAP and IAT sensors I have. I got off my lazy ass and spent last Friday evening wiring in both of those sensors.

After I had the harness back in and tucked, the motor started but ran on 3 cylinders. I thought an injector died or I fried the wiring while I had the harness out. Turns out spark plug in cylinder 4 decided to completely die?

Long story short, check the basics before ripping the engine harness out a second time... ugh.

Street tune coming later this week!!!

Above: NismotronicSA ADC board. Soldered the bridge for the 4.5 ohm resistor. This is for the IAT sensor.

Above shitty wiring while I test the sensors. I eventually cleaned this up.

Above: the GM 3bar MAP sensor actually had wiring diagram labels stamped on it. Thank god.

Above: ugly ass schassis that runs and drifts needing paint. Will throw money in ur face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk