View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #78
autotechmotoring
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (9)
autotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
I notice that everyone talks about the parts needed to make the conversion to reality, but what do everyone use as the engine harness?

Is there anyone other plugs on the wiring harness to run the head which is different if at all different from the SR20? Will the standalone PFC work with the head?

To make the VVL work, will a multi-switch need to be installed to turn it on or off?

I've been making decisions for the last year and half if I should go this route if I'm not hitting my goals just with my SR. I'm looking at what would work to make to a reality if I don't have to much to work with.

What are the options for this?
Existing engine harness stays the same. A tuneable ecu is a plus. You can use a MSD 8969 to activate the VVL and just wire in the solenoids to the unit.

Another plus that alot have not mentioned is that the VVL head uses solid shaft mounted rockers vs. free floating rockers in the std DET head. The chances of breaking rockers with the VVL head is 0 to none.
autotechmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote