View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #72
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
I have a little bit of an update guys.

after my last update, i had several other issues come up that slowed my progress.

1. after the p/s restrictor i added, i still had a pretty bad leak. this ended being a bad seal with Russell Powerflex p/s lines i made. the way i had the lines running put some stress on the fittings down at the rack. I added a couple inches to each line to take the stress off the lines and so far it's holding strong now.

2. next my clutch was not disengaging right and catching right off the floor. i had to drop the transmission to shim the slave cylinder out with a .078" shim. now the engagement is more in line with where it should be.

3. another item was my valve train noise. I originally went with a set of Thunder Racing 7.350" pushrods based off my measurements with a PR checker. Looking back, i was using a preload value of .060" from a stock LS1 lifter instead of the .080"-.100" for the LS7 lifters. I changed out a set of Speed Inc. 7.400" pushrods. i still have some noise, but it's better than before.

4. Lastly, i modified my exhaust some this weekend as part of it was hitting my rear diff.

I drove the car around the neighborhood yesterday to get a little feel for it, but didn't do too much with it. Coolant temps were getting a little high just from putting around, still need to troubleshoot this some more.

Here's a quick little vid of me backing it out of the garage and a little walk around. I still have a ways to go with wiring and getting the rest of the interior/exterior put back together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p6pclk9AzU