View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #134
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Well the reality guys is that you do need to push your self. A good week of maxing out your abilities once a month and noting it down is essential to your developement. I was simply commenting on the typical noob comments always asking your flat bench number. Its like how asking car guys how much power they make while never taking into consideration of just how good of a driver they are. You need to push your limits in order to trigger the growth. Its the only real way to creat new tears i. The muscle which stimulate growth.

Abs: again..... 9/10 people should not be training abs. Also never use more than your own body weight. Same concept here folks... U like the pumped look your arms get after a good lift day? How would you like your abs to be all pumped and bloated. You will develop muscle there by training it pure and simple. The key to abs is having a SMALL waste there fore giving your body a symetrical look. So work on bodyweight and fat content. Abs are a genetic gift from your parents. Not from ab machines and cables.

But to keep em toned I prefer bycycle crunches and decline bench crunches and leg lifts. Along with a 1200 kcal diet makes em really pop for the summer pool parties. A probody builder from Russia told me "why do you americans obsses over bodyfat%?" "All that matters is how you look in the mirror" "eat less for more abs, lift harder for better physique.... Pretty simple...." this guy is a sponsored olyimpian contestant and a 3 time national ifbb champion. He has never had a body fat check done... He never does cardio and he never trains abs. And my guess is he around 6'1" and 225lbs and no more than 7-8% off season and way lower during show season.
I agree with most of this post, but theres no way I'd keep my lean mass on 1200kcals!

I may as well chuck my before and afters in here from a couple few back:

This was before I took my diet seriously:

And after a few months:

When I was cutting just before last summer, what worked best for me was to keep my calorie intake as usual, but limiting my carbs (mostly complex) to the first half of the day (and simple carbs around training). I lifted as heavy as possible several times a week, and avoided cardio (more because I hate it than anything). I dropped quite a bit of bodyfat in a reasonably short space of time. It was my most succesful cut to date (147lbs, 5'8").

I've been pretty much eating what I want and using the 'dirty bulk' excuse since that point, so my bodyfat has increased quite a bit, but so has my strength. I started a new cut at the beginning of the year, so hopefully it'll go as well as last time.