Thread: Supra TT or NSX
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #101
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Absolutely not.

Why the fuck am I going to accept a bullshit mag quote as a fact? There are too many variables to consider, everything from suspension configuration, tire type, wear, psi, etc...

You guys can suck Supra dick as much as you want, but its pretty obvious that the lighter of the two will be the better performer.

I guess some guys just like fat chicks, all good.

you're an idiot

you're talking about handing supras their ass on the track with your s13 and then go talking about a magazine
"everything from suspension configuration, tire type, wear, psi, etc..."

If anything the magazine has a better controlled environment because most test are done with stock vehicles at the same facility.

Regarding performance of heavier cars vs lighter cars

hahha man if you were doing highschool physics your idea would be right. In the real world this idea is only part of the story. Its not only how much a car weighs its where the weight is placed. Despite the hefty size of a the supra most of its weight is centered or lowering the center of gravity of that vehicle. Yes mass will result in a higher intertia but thats what the bigger brakes, bigger tires and more power was designed for. sigh....

And let me ask you this.... if you weren't taking information from a magazine

where did you come up with the idea that an nsx

accelerates, brakes , and handles better than a supra ?

I'm not riding supra dick just trying to pull the wool from over your eyes. The supra is far from being a perfect car, nor is it cheap, which is why i picked a 240 as a track vehicle. But to simply say a nsx is a super car and a supra isn't despite the fact that they put similar numbers out is dumb. The only thing that would make the nsx a super car and the supra not was the original msrp. Performance wise its a toss up, but you got one thing right about the NSX's supercar prowlness the depreciation rate. 100k to 20 k in 10-20 years
vs 40k to 20 k in 10-20 years.

As far as the choices i'd still tell his friend to get an NSX cuz he'll probably kill himself in a supra.

Next...