View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #547
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Yeah I agree in theory this would totally work. My issue is that there would be possible multiple point of failure if we include it in the vacuum system. I do like it a lot sort of like how our stock pcv system? What do you think about even a belt or electrical vacuum pump? That might be easier?
What do you mean by failure? The check valves getting stuck? It definitely resembles the stock system, but with a proper catch can, and an open filter to intake fresh air, not just air being forced from the crankcase. You could route the intake pipe one to the exhaust instead.

A vacuum pump is definitely the all-in-one solution, but I would imagine you'd want to vent it to a catch can regardless. Probably a can with a drain back as well unless you have some really good baffling in your valvecover. Not the cheapest route, but by far the most effective this side of a drysump.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote