View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #27
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post
The cd009 isn't the lowest point on my s14. Maybe because it's on a VQ instead of an sr? And with shifter kits that do away with the OEM universal linkage you can get away with not, or just barely cutting the tunnel opening.

Also keep in mind that there's a new revision for the cd00x family of transmissions from Nissan called the cd00A which allegedly has further synchronization improvements relative to 009. They can be had for $1700, which is a song for a bnib OEM transmission IMO vs buying a used one for close to a $1000 without really knowing any history. I got one since my 009 6th and 5th synchro are shot. If this 00a doesn't last, I'm making a ZF work on the VQ.
Definitely keep us updated on how the 00a goes. Track abuse info is pretty valuable at least to me. Interesting how those are the synchros that went on your trans, im sure theyre not seeing a ton of use on the track compared to the first four gears. Are they the weakest of the bunch or something? Not very versed on the cd synchro issues besides knowing they exist lol. S13 vs S14 ground clearance might also be an interesting topic of discussion, definitely warrants some digging.
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote